CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All little girls need ear rings!

I had my ears pierced when I was 5 years old and I had Mary Elizabeth's pierced when she was just 7 months old. So I was not surprised when Harper wanted her ears pierced for her birthday. So I took her and did not tell her it was going to hurt, but only she was getting earrings. The store did it smart by having one lady on each side and they did it at once!

She was not happy about having holes punched in her ears!


But once she saw herself in a mirror she smiled and said, "I have ear rings!!". She has been happy ever since.
Below she is looking in a mirror.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww she is a big girl now!!!!!! OUCH!

Lisa said...

That is the ONLY way to go with kids, don't tell them the "Owey" and both at once. Some stores still don't do that. She looks ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Jaime said...

oh! both at once! i am definately gonna file that in my brain:)

Ashley & Chuck said...

I got my ears pierced when I was 5 too. Chuck won't let me get Karis' pierced yet. Maybe we'll shoot for her 5th birthday as well. Harper is so cute and looks even sweeter with her new earrings!

Arena Mom said...

Oh, i love it! That is a battle in our house....hubby doesn't want her to have them, I do. Ahhh!

Anonymous said...

That was/is exactly like Abbie. She cant stop looking in the mirror and she is always touching them with a smile on her face!

Tell Harper that she looks so beautiful with her new ear rings!!!

Melinda said...

I love little girls with earrings!! She looks beautiful!!

Melinda

Vanessa said...

I did both of my grils when they were really young and they cried for a second and it was over!!

She's beautiful!! Tell her I love her new earrings!

Amy said...

Awww, she's so big now!! Happy birthday, Harper. What a fun memory for a big girl. :)